All Roads lead to Pörtschach – Wörthersee
There are flights (often daily) from Vienna, Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne/Bonn; Duesseldorf and London (Stansted) to Klagenfurt (Klagenfurt-Wörthersee Airport KLU). Alternatively, you can take a plane to Vienna, Graz or Salzburg and continue by train to Pörtschach (the Pörtschach train station is served by InterCity-Trains).
Click below for further information:
- Ryanair from/to London (Stansted)
- Austrian Airlines from/to Vienna – connections around the world via Star Alliance
- Lufthansa from/to Munich – connections around the world via Star Alliance
- Germanwings from Cologne/Bonn
- Air Berlin from/to Berlin, Hamburg, Duesseldorf
- OEBB – Austrian Federal Railways (there is an online timetable on their site)
Taxi: a taxi from Klagenfurt airport is approximately 40 euros and takes about 20 minutes. There is also a regular bus service with a change at the man bus station in the centre of Klagenfurt
Hire car: there are many hire car companies based at Klagenfurt Airport and one of the cheapest is Eurocar.
Pörtschach is also easily accessible by car via the Austrian A2 motorway, exit Pörtschach.
- From Slovenia, take the Karawanken-Tunnel/Predor Karavanke to Villach/Beljak or the Loiblpass/Ljubelj to Klagenfurt/Celovec. From Villach or Klagenfurt, take the A2 to Pörtschach.
- From Italy, go to Villach/Villacco and continue on the A2 to Pörtschach.
- From Germany, drive via Salzburg on the A10 motorway to Villach, from there continue on the A2 to Pörtschach.
- From Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia go to Vienna and from there follow the A2 to Pörtschach.
- From Hungary, either go to Vienna or Graz and follow the A2 to Pörtschach.
Visa: Some visitors may need a visa for entry into the European Union (Schengen area) – please check with your Travel Agent or local consulate.
Pörtschach is well serviced by the Austrian National railway and trains are very regular coming through either Villach or Klagenfurt.
From Pörtschach’s railway station we are only a gentle 10 minutes walk along the main street – but we are happy to pick you up if we are free to do so.
Links: OEBB and Deutsche Bahn